e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

1/01/2008

tasty

Like so many others, the new year, for me, brings a healthier eating resolution. More exercising and less coffee drinking, too. Stressed about the upcoming tenure process? Drink a pot of coffee. Feeling down? Eat (a lot of) something. Must stop doing that.

Luckily I made limoncello pasta LAST week. Oh, is this ever delicious. My brother has taken to making limoncello, the Italian "digestivo" typically made from lemon zest and sugar and grain alcohol (he uses vodka instead), and gave us a bottle for Christmas. Here's what I did. While boiling a pound of bowties, I mixed in a big bowl equal parts limoncello and cream (about 1/2 cup of each), a couple tablespoons of butter, a pinch of kosher salt and a couple pinches of dried parsley. After pasta cooked, I drained, tossed in bowl with other ingredients, and added a bunch of parmesan cheese (a couple cups). Excellent stuff.

Not going to be eating more for a good while though. Happy 2008, ya'll.

No comments: