e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

5/09/2007

thank you

I counted some blessings yesterday on this blog and I need to express thanks for a few other things today:
  • summer break
  • Caribou Coffee
  • days when energy and motivation are my friends

Today's one of those days. Sitting at--yep, you guessed it--Caribou with that beautiful, bottomless cup of decaf, I wrote four pages of a draft of the social movements chapter. And it's only 1:00. These kinds of days feel good. Time to go grab some lunch...

2 comments:

bonnie lenore kyburz said...

sounds nice. do you actually write at the coffee shop? i love the idea but can't do it. i am too distracted by the people, sounds, smells, desires for cake . . .

i'm a hunker down in my office (home preferrably, sometimes work) kind of girl. pjs, coffee, sodas, animal crackers . . .

i love to hear about our scenes for writing. thanks for sharing yours. and good luck w/ the book!

bdegenaro said...

yep...love to write at the coffee shop, distractions and all. depends on mood, I suppose. sometimes, I'm a stay-at-home person, too, but more times than not I thrive on the distractions.

I like to work intently for short little bursts (maybe an hour) and then do something else for a few minutes or so. that recharging time is essential for me. thanks to wireless, I can catch up on email or some such thing for short bits and then it's back to the article or whathaveyou.