e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

2/08/2007

out of shape

Last term I didn't teach first-year comp. Now I've got two sections and I'm finding myself short on the stamina required for extended sessions of paper grading. Last week I collected drafts on Tuesday (both sections...which meant 45 papers) and returned them on Thursday with my comments. This week I collected final drafts on Tuesday, thinking to myself, maybe I'll repeat my two-day turnaround again this week. Not so much. An afternoon yesterday at Caribou Coffee only got me through half the stack. I forgot how draining this process can be.

1 comment:

LuisaStormchaser said...

Bill, I have only one piece of advice for the dilemma you face--make time to get "physical" i.e. exercise Plus get good rest. Failure to do so will lead to falling behind and getting that I have no stamina feeling you write about.