e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

3/21/2005

Go 'Cats

Arizona's still alive and kicking, and the match with Oklahoma State Thursday night looks to be the most exciting of this year's Sweet 16 games. So far in the tourney, the Wildcats put forth two team efforts in a row. Not one of those "Salim S. scores 35 points" games. Not one of those "Frye dominates the inside all night" games. But team efforts with balanced scoring and unselfishness. That bodes well.

Three (Arizona, Louisville, and North Carolina) of my Final 4 picks are still alive, and I stand by those three choices. First off, 'Cats all the way. Plus, I think Louisville is going to beat up on Washington on Thursday, then do the same thing to Texas Tech two days later. And NC's as sure a thing as we've got left standing (although their cross-state challenges from NC State looked good last week). That other region is tough...I'd have to pick Kentucky at this point.

No comments: