e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

3/06/2006

what i did over spring break

Back to school tomorrow. So why not do a wrap-up...

Part I: Academic Stuff

1. Completed marketing report for Pitt. First book project's now in press at Pitt (finally!) and I had to complete a *lengthy* form. Didn't realize this would take so long, but I was glad to give a bit of input into the business side of the process.

2. Planned "Working with Sources" writing workshop for our master's in liberal studies students. Workshop this coming Saturday, and I'm ready to roll.

3. Graded a big 'ole stack of term papers.

4. Wrote two letters of recommendation.

5. Wrote most of the 4Cs paper. Not done yet, but I've got a few weeks.

Part II: Non-Academic Stuff

1. My buddy Lew visited from Ohio and we did Detroit-y kinds of things: Heidelberg Project (see photos below), Windsor's Little Italy, The Solanus Casey Center, Eastern Market/&subsequent cooking.

2. Played some guitar.

3. Enjoyed some Titan basketball.

4. Reading: Wicked (bad, but I had put this down a few weeks ago and for some reason I had to get through to the end), Chester Himes' Third Generation, finally finished Made In Detroit, which I had also put down for a while.

5. Rented Bride & Prejudice. Postcolonial critique, served up with a little bubblegum. Gurinder Chadha's follow-up to "Bend It Like Beckham," and this was almost as enjoyable as predecessor.

No comments: