e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

3/27/2006

march madness

What a year for college basketball. The best that I can recall, although I'm a little blue about Arizona not getting past the second round. I saw yesterday the last five minutes of regulation, plus overtime, of the George Mason-UConn game. Like a feel-good sports movie. Fluke? You don't get to the Final Four on a fluke. Remember, too, that George Mason beat three of the highest-prestige programs in the country: NC, UConn, and MSU. Having done my undergrad degree at a "mid-major," I couldn't help but cheer on a school I still know nothing about (where is their campus?). Saw part of the Florida-Villanova game, too. Was there a better player in the second weekend of play than Florida's Joakim Noah? Based on the last few days of play, I suppose smart money's on Florida edging out LSU for the championship. How'd I do with my brackets? Lousy for the most part. I did pick UCLA to still be standing, so I'm batting .250 on Final 4 picks.

No comments: