e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

6/21/2005

a short Tuesday note

Moving, an even less pleasurable experience than I remember. Boxes of books and CDs everywhere. Figuring out what furniture ought to make the move to Detroit and what furniture ought to make the move to the Hamilton, Ohio, Salvation Army. Eating a lot of Arby's because who knows where the pots and pans might be. Urghh.

If my niece Laila, eldest daughter on the Lazy J. Ranch, decides not to become a vetenarian, she's easily the next David Sedaris. Follow the link to read her hysterical, Sedaris-esque story of visiting the local animal shelter and then movin' out, motown style. Hope I can convince her to go to UM-Dearborn in a few years so she can take my creative writing class and teach the class and me a few things about humor and voice.

No comments: