e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

6/13/2005

all quiet on the blog front

Not much time to blog lately...here's why.

House in OHio's been on the market for about a month now and a sale is pending. We're still moving ahead with much, much caution, as these things often collapse (sales and houses both). We're supposed to close this Friday, so cross those fingers. We re-did the dining room and I'll be happy if I never have to remove wallpaper again. The paint job made a difference and our potential buyers even commented on the dining room as a highlight of the house. Meantime, we've secured an apartment to hold our stuff and ourselves during our final months in the land of the buckeyes and the great swing state tragedy of '04. Meantime part deux: we've also started looking at some places in Detroit. More on that later, as time allows. Long story short: we're packing for two moves (and a garage sale this weekend).

Ohio Writing Project started today. Sadly, this will be my last summer co-teaching the four-week workshop. Teachers from K-12 come together for continuing ed. credit and an intensive writing experience. We're in the classroom from 8:30-3:00, Monday-Friday, so again: blogging's going to be tough. Happily, though, I tend to do lots of writing during the summer workshop. We devote one hour during the a.m. to writing each day, so my goal is to have my prep work done in the evenings and write along with the teachers every morning. Likewise, one hour of personal writing each evening is an OWP rule, and I hope to follow that guideline, even in the thick of packing for the move(s). Very rewarding four weeks--one of the things I'll miss about teaching at M.U.

No comments: