e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

6/19/2014

comfort

Today's complaints: allergies, work stress, lots of stress-eating this summer.

Today's source of comfort:

 http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f15-music-general/1241d1342051935-album-evening-10-000_maniacs-in_my_tribe.jpg

I'm doing assessment work in my campus office today, thankful to be wearing shorts and converse all-stars (wearing whatever I want is always on heavy rotation when I count my many blessings), and this is playing for free on spotify (again, let's be thankful for the little things): one of my all-time favorites. Natalie Merchant's voice is the sound of optimism and goodness and the late '80s and this is the band's best. "Hey Jack Kerouac" made me want to read every book Kerouac wrote. Every topical song made giving a shit about the world seem cooler than acid-washed jeans. Plus, a duet with Michael Stipe.

1 comment:

bonnie lenore kyburz said...

the greatest. i love your taste in music.