e-mail me at billdeg@umich.edu

8/01/2006

shifting priorities

One of the great things about working in academe is the fact that one can always (err, except when a deadline is looming) set aside one project and focus on another. I had planned to get back from my monthlong sojourn in Ohio and get back to my research in the Reuther archives. However, a "revise and resubmit" letter awaited me and priorities had to shift. So back to the article on working-class poetics.

As is often the case (for me, at least), one review of the article was extremely positive, suggesting only minor changes, and one was more critical, outlining broader revisisions. Good cop, bad cop, I guess? Both reviews, though, offer smart readings of the article-in-progress--readings that, I have to admit, are going to make the piece stronger.

So priorities have shifted for the next few weeks, as I revise, revise, revise.

No comments: